Thought I would do a blog update to give you all back home an idea of the culture and the where abouts of where I am living over the next few months.
There are currently 9 volunteers living in Sirin house, expecting more to arrive, and we all form a great support network for each other and have many laughs together. I'm so excited for things to come, I am currently loving my daily work with the children from the government wards but finding it exhausting, it's physically hard work especially in the Thai humidity.
Looking forward to the annual Rainbow Camp with all the CCD children in April, Disney on ice will be here in March (YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY) haha and we are organising plenty of stimulating and fun activities to do with the children which keeps us busy. We (myself and the other volunteers) are planning to do a couple of weekend trips to some of the islands and national parks around Thailand, will be nice to do some sight seeing and have a break from working at the government homes. But until then here are some photos...
There are currently 9 volunteers living in Sirin house, expecting more to arrive, and we all form a great support network for each other and have many laughs together. I'm so excited for things to come, I am currently loving my daily work with the children from the government wards but finding it exhausting, it's physically hard work especially in the Thai humidity.
Looking forward to the annual Rainbow Camp with all the CCD children in April, Disney on ice will be here in March (YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY) haha and we are organising plenty of stimulating and fun activities to do with the children which keeps us busy. We (myself and the other volunteers) are planning to do a couple of weekend trips to some of the islands and national parks around Thailand, will be nice to do some sight seeing and have a break from working at the government homes. But until then here are some photos...
This is at the end of our street where we buy our dinner from
All the locals with their food carts... lots of choices
First night in Thailand we went out to a restaurant, I had green chicken curry. amazing!
I was so excited to see that Pad Thai Man was still at the end of our street!
All fresh and made right in front of you
The best Pad Thai I have ever eaten
Everything always taste so fresh
Every day for lunch we eat at the same place altogether. They have many traditional rice and noodle dishes which have all been amazing so far (and spicy which i love) I'm looking forward to trying them all
Satay lady lives next door to Pad Thai man served with sticky rice and satay sauce (I usually visit corn man too when I eat this) another option for my dinners
Dropped the chilli on this lunch...
A common afternoon pick-me-up. Pineapple and Watermelon slushies made from fresh fruit... (these ones were from a restaurant, the ones we often get off the streets come in a plastic bag with a straw)
We have been going out for dinner a few times already, some volunteers just left so it was a farewell to them. i had fried duck with fried basil. Was very crispy and delicious!
Another couple pictures from lunch at the blind school...
Lunch...
Always interesting (and dangerous) checking out all of the local treats. Including pancakes with banana and sweetened condensed milk, spring rolls, banana chips and spiced nuts, mini doughnuts, potato spirals with spices and here the lady was frying banana and then drizzles it with caramel before she serves it. yummo!
It was made from banana so its good for you... right??
More yummy and interesting snacks!
This is the street I will be living on for the next few months
This is the front of Sirin house (Volunteer house)
My little corner which i will be calling home. Living in Sirin is quite simple. There are 3-4 volunteers in each room, you get your own mattress, draws and hanger. There is no air conditioning or cooking facilities in the kitchen but we have a microwave, toaster, fridge and kettle. The showers (taps in the wall) run only cold water, which is nice I wouldn't want a warm shower any way haha. down stairs is a lounge room where we all relax and hang out.
Fruit Slushie Lady
Fruit man, getting my daily pineapple which is so much sweeter and juicier than anywhere i have ever tasted... and only 10 baht
Selfie on my bike haha. We get around everywhere to and from the orphanages and to the local shopping and food stalls on bikes... haven't had any near death experiences with these crazy Thai drivers... yet
I'll update on the work I'm doing soon. Until then
Sawadee Kaa Xx






LOVE the update! The food looks so fresh and tasty! Enjoy!! Thanks for posting pics of the house, nice to imagine where you are staying :)
ReplyDeleteLove you xx
sounds like you're having an amazing time! wish i could come visit you!!
ReplyDeleteI'm sooooooooooooo hungry after looking at this!! Yum yum yum :) Your room looks bigger then I thought but still cosy ;) enjoy your time and cuddles with those beautiful kiddies. Love you xx
ReplyDeleteOh, you are making me hungry!! Nice to see you settling into "thai life". Keep up all the posts. love from me tash xxx
ReplyDelete