It's official, my time volunteering in Thailand at the orphanages has come to an end. It has been the most amazing, humbling and life changing experience. I have grown so much as a person, learnt what is important in life and will have these values with me forever. Not only have I fallen in love with all of the children over here, the staff have been amazing to work with and I have made such amazing friends that I will miss so so much! Going to be strange heading back home and not living, working, socialising and practically doing everything with those guys right by my side.... love you all so much!
Thursday evening we had our leaving dinner and ceremony with everyone. Was such an enjoyable evening relaxing and enjoying everybody's company. Truth be told during our photo slide show we all got pretty emotional thinking about leaving the children but was nice having Emily and Alex leaving at the same time so we could all support each other (and cry together haha) here are a few pictures from the night.
Friday was my birthday! It was such an enjoyable day and I felt so loved with the effort that the staff and my friends put in to make my day special. Started the day off with an ice coffee run on the way down orphanage road on the way into work. It was a public holiday in Thailand so we were not aloud to take any of the children to the day care centre, so Emily and I went through all of the wards to say our last good byes to the children and get our last cuddles in (sob sob). After that emotional ordeal, the Thai staff had said that they wanted to make a birthday lunch for me and a farewell for Emily and I who had been working at those projects. It was so lovely, we spent the rest of the morning preparing and cooking Thai dishes filled with lots of giggles. Then came the enjoyable part of sitting down altogether and eating! hehe, we then said our good byes and were given the afternoon off. I enjoyed the afternoon with my lovely friends, we went and visited one of the other volunteers in hospital who has an infection and has to stay there all weekend, such a shame that we could not spend more time with her because it is our last weekend altogether. We then returned home and ate mango sticky rice for dinner and the legends even bought me an ice cream cake and sang happy birthday for me. We then headed to a beer garden and enjoyed a few cold beers together and some great company. Thanks guys for making my birthday fantastic!
Now I am off too enjoy my last couple of days with the most amazing Friends whom I have made here. It is Songkran weekend so we are enjoying all of the water fights! Not looking forward to saying good bye to these guys, they have been such an amazing support network for me and we have made the best memories together filled with copious amounts of laughing, love you guys!
My next blog update will most likely be about my little holiday to Koh Phi Phi just before I head home. Looking forward to seeing my friend from back home, relaxing on the beach, a hot shower and a comfy bed haha. I will be sure to take plenty of photos to make you all jealous.
Thank you all for following my blog about my adventures in Thailand, I hope you have enjoyed reading the updates and seeing the photos as much as I have enjoyed sharing them. This is most likely my second last blog post, so until next time...
Happy Songkran!






No comments:
Post a Comment