Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Wind up Week


I have been staring at my computer screen wanting to give a quick update for you all back home about what is going on this week but my head is just all mumble jumble. Such a busy busy week and its an emotional roller coaster! I will just give a quick over view on the events and then do a proper update once things have settled down over here in crazy Bangkok!

So I can't believe it is my last week, I don't want to think about the fact that my time with the children is rapidly drawing to an end! But life happens and the time flies when you're having fun! 

So it is Tuesday today, I just returned home from spending the whole day (since 3am) Doing a Visa run across the boarder to Cambodia. Considering I only had 2 hours sleep last night, it's a million degrees here, having to spend an entire day on a bus with no air-conditioning, sitting next to a Thai man with a snake in a plastic bag eeeeeeekkkk! and when I started squealing at the realisation of what it was all the Thai people thought it was the most hilarious thing they have ever seen... yep that's right all laugh at the only felang on the bus haha but it was a successful trip... passport stamped and I am now back home 17 hours later! I can now spent the rest of my time in Thailand legally haha.

Tomorrow is a songkran celebration (which is the Thai new year) with all of the children. This basically means a massive water fight! So that should give me a taste of what I am in for this weekend. From saturday till next week Tuesday it is the Thailand new year, known as songkran. apparently you can't go anywhere in Bangkok without getting drenched with water... bring on the water fights! haha going to have to invest in a super soaker I think. so that should be fun with the children tomorrow.

Thursday is my leaving ceremony with the children and other volunteers followed by a dinner altogether, so I am looking forward to that time with the staff, children and other volunteers. Two of the other volunteers whom I have become really close with are leaving on the same day as me, so it is really special that we can share the "leaving" part together.

On Friday (IT IS MY BIRTHDAY!) haha and unfortunately it is also my last day with the ff children. I am organising a day of just fun, games, activities and eating lots of treats with the children and hopefully it is filled with smiles, cuddles, love, photos and not too many tears! Really not looking forward to having to have to have last cuddles and saying good bye. To brighten our moods that evening I am planning on heading out for a birthday dinner and to say good bye to all the amazing people I have met out here. Such a blessing to have met and made so many great life long friendships!

I am then going to be spending the weekend in Bangkok with one of my closest friends from back home before we head off to Koh Phi Phi for a relaxing holiday on the beach! I am lucky enough to have a travel buddy for the flight back home to Australia as well which is nice!

So much to look forward to and to not look forward to this week. I thought I would just keep you all back home up to date with what is going on because I have not and will not really have time to email and skype family and friends this week... sorry! Haha but now you have a blog update to look forward to that will be filled with photos from all of these events!

Not long till I'm home! Making the most of my time (and the food) while I can.
Will hopefully talk or see you all soon!
Now I need to get some sleep haha zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Much love xx


1 comment:

  1. all the best for your last week! watch out for flour bombs as well!! :)
    enjoy your break to Phi Phi island. you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete