Sunday, March 10, 2013

Off to the Zoo!


On Saturday we took 5 of the girls on a day outing to the zoo! I filled out the forms a few weeks ago so had been looking forward to it for a while and it was defiantly worth the wait! We left at about 9am in the morning, took a couple of taxis into Bangkok and arrived with 5 very excited, giggly and bouncy girls eager to enter into the gates. I found the zoo here was alot smaller than the one back home which meant less walking for the girls which was great, we ended up having to rent a push bike for one of the girls who was not used to walking so much. I also found that the animals viewings were alot closer to the animals here, which probably meant not as safe haha but we could see them much better! We spent the whole day walking around and in aww looking at all of the different animals, enjoyed some lunch and fruit and even a few treats along the way. It was so hot hot and alot for the girls and by 3pm we were all tired, volunteers included so it was time to head home. 

I hope some of the photos can show the excitement and the affect of the girls from seeing the animals! It was truly a blessing to give the opportunity to the girls, see the look in their eyes and reactions of excitement and was such a great top off to a week! 






































Can't believe how fast time is going, I have already been here for 2 months and have a feeling the rest of the time is going to fly by because my calendar is pretty much booked up completely... busy busy busy! Looking forward to seeing family and friends again and a hot shower would be nice! Thank you to everyone following me on my blog, and a special hello to all my students, miss you all so much! Will have to go to the zoo one day when I get back next term... You will have to convince the other teachers Alyssa & Joslyn!




Love to you all 
Until next time Xx



2 comments:

  1. that's awesome Carmen! Looks like so much fun. Caleb and I went to this zoo too! we loved it :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww cute! Looks like the girls loved it! Your doing such a special & wonderful job babe! Keep it up! Love ya xxx

    ReplyDelete