Words really can not explain the moments of true happiness, joy, love and pure contentment I have had this week! Because I know I am drawing near to the end of my time with the children, I feel like I am cherishing and making the most of each and every moment. Only two more weeks left volunteering! I really do not want to say good bye to any of the kids.
It has been such a crazy busy week, I have been working for 12 days straight and with hot season bringing its lovely humidity for all of us to sweat in it has been very draining and I am looking forward to "just chillin" this weekend. No easter long weekend over here unfortunately... We also don't get any hot cross buns or chocolate for the season so it does not feel like easter at all. However on Sunday before an easter service we are having an Easter Sunday breakfast so that should help make it feel like Easter.
One afternoon this week I really cherished every moment I had with a group of children outside. I managed to snap a few cute photos which I am sure will be in my heart forever. Even now when I look at them they make me smile... love, love, love...
We also did some face painting and dress ups this week. The volunteers and staff also joined in the mess and we all had lots of giggles & laughs!
Today was quite an emotional day, we had to say good bye to two of the staff members who give so much love, enthusiasm and energy and they are so good with the children so they are going to be missed so so much! Also it was one of the volunteers last day today and we had her leaving party with the children. We are going out for dinner Saturday night to say farewell to her. It is really hard to day good bye, I have become so close to all of the people here. They feel like family...
One of the Thai staff who has already crochet me a gorgeous black skirt also made me a top and some of the other girls some gifts as well... Such a pity I wont see her at work any more, going to miss her smile and hugs but at least i have some special handmade gifts to treasure and remember her by... Thanks P Bam!
Well I really could keep going on and post a lot more photos but I think thats enough for this week haha! I am now ready to put my feet up and hopefully get some sleep this weekend... feel free to send over some cooler air or any suggestions to get rid of all this humidity!
Wishing everyone back home a safe and enjoyable long Easter weekend
Love to you all Xx













No comments:
Post a Comment