Hope everyone back home is happy and healthy! It has been a crazy past week, we are all keeping very busy which makes the time fly by. It has also just gotten into the hot season over here and believe me... IT'S HOT! I'm not normally one to complain about the heat because I love it, but I am constantly sweating, we have no air-conditioning and are doing physical work all day so it is very exhausting! I am finding it really difficult to sleep at night because I am on the 5th floor upstairs at home but I suppose it is all part of the experience!
One of the great things about life at the moment is that I am surrounded by giggles, smiles and lots of love. The children make me smile and they have the most gorgeous giggles! The staff are all beautiful and loving, they feel like family and spoil me every week with hugs, gifts (one of the lovely ladies crochet me a beautiful skirt) and they give me yummy Thai sweet sticky rice with coconut and mango because they know it is my favourite dessert! They know me so well haha... And of course all of the volunteers who I live, work, play and cry with are have come to be the most amazing and enjoyable friends! We have so much fun together and are also there for each other when times get tough or we just need a hug. We also share so many laughs together until our sides hurt, for example the other day there was a massive (cat size) rat in the day care centre! All of us girls, including the staff jumped on chairs and tables screaming as it ran towards us and also laughing/ half crying at each others reactions, it was hilarious... haha and that is just one of the many funny things that tends to happen here, if I shared all of them it would be quite the blog post!
One of the activities we did this week was BUBBLES!
We also made delicious & nutritious fruit kebabs!
(I think I enjoyed these more than the children did haha, the fruit here is amazing!)
I visited one of the local Thai schools on Friday. Was so interesting to see the difference in culture with education and surprising to see what things were similar. The children put on a dance for us and then the "Special Education Classroom" was officially opened and celebrated in a ceremony followed by a buffet lunch Thai style!
We also enjoyed dressing up in many different outfits, having our makeup done & putting on lots of different accessories! Of course this was all topped off with a catwalk runway with music to go along with it... Was quite the fashion show!
So it has been a very eventful week over here in Thailand! Looking forward to the activities this week, taking more girls swimming, making and playing with play dough and having a sensory session with sand, water and music which is bound to get messy and full of fun and laughs! We have Thursday off work this week to give Sirin House (where all us volunteers live) a big annual clean and painting the whole inside AND outside of the house! But with all of the crazy cool friends here I'm sure it will be a fun day filled with pranks and laughs (hopefully not too much sweat!)
We are off to camp this weekend as well which we are all looking forward too! We get back home on Monday and then straight back to work on Tuesday so I know that the next few weeks are going to be very exhausting... All in the name of giggles!
Until my next update... Keep smiling!
All my love from Thailand Xx





love the kid in the yellow and green wig! priceless! keep smiling and giggling beautiful girl!
ReplyDeletePerfect title for your post - you can't look at any of these photos with out smiling or laughing :) I bet you will look back at all these pic's when you get home and miss all these little darlings very much xxxx love you
ReplyDeletei know! i miss them when i have to leave them at the end of the day... not looking forward to having to say good bye... trying not to think about it but i only have three more weeks with them... definatly making the most of that time! at least i get to come home to a new little nephew or niece :) love you too xxx
Delete