What a weekend! Totally exhausted and have to go to work tomorrow but well worth it! Getting up at 5 every morning, eating, skydivers, eating, activities, eating, fire fighter and army men showing off, eating, events, eating, shows, eating, swimming, eating, eating, dancing oh and then we eat again... Boy can Thai people eat haha it felt like thats all we did all weekend, but the children thoroughly enjoyed it and thats all that matters! I took a group of 4 girls with a couple of other volunteers and they were our responsibility for the entire camp, they even slept right next to us. I enjoyed swimming in the ocean the most and seeing the girls reaction to the water and the waves! A little unsure at first but then they were off and it was hard to keep up with them! Haha there was a barrier of army men for us to swim inside (to keep the sharks out) they should defiantly do that at the beaches back home. There were over 1000 people at this camp altogether, it was huge! A little stressful at times because of the language barrier as well. Lots of fun and giggles had and memories of all of the children doing the harlem shake was priceless!
While I was away all weekend my sister had a healthy baby girl and my mum celebrated her birthday which made me wish I was back home for those events. I only have 3 more weeks left volunteering and 5 weeks left till I go home! starting to get torn between my emotions, I really really really don't want to leave the children but am looking forward to seeing family and friends and being back home... Wishing I could have the best of both worlds! So over the next few weeks I am going to be making the most of the time I have left with the beautiful kids and what the Thai culture has to offer me... food, smiles, fruit and warmth.
Just a quick post this time, I'm sure the photos explain everything better than words and gives a little idea about the camp. I forgot my camera so thanks to another volunteer for these pics!
Thanks for your continuing support! Looking forward to sharing some more stories next week. Much love Xx
i can't believe how quick time has gone! keep being so happy and wonderful x
ReplyDelete