Monday, February 25, 2013

Koh Samet Long Weekend



Where do I begin!? We had the most enjoyable, relaxing, fun long weekend! We left after work on friday on a 3 1/2 hour mini bus ride to get a speed boat to Koh Samet. Once we arrived we set off to our bungalows and then headed out to explore the lively beach life, grab some food and a drink and then got some much needed sleep!

On saturday was Alice birthday, started off with a great brunch and then enjoyed the day on the beach enjoying the sun, markets, relaxing, reading, great company, drinks (out of a coconut of course) and food! We headed out for dinner with a special birthday cake and then enjoyed a fantastic fire show! It was crazy! They picked me out of the crowd and made me jump on one of the thai man, as I sat on his hips he limbowed under a pole on fire with me on top of him! Was scary but fun! We then all got to jump through a hoop of fire and joined in with tug of war... of course my side won! we then continued to enjoy and celebrate Alice birthday for the  rest of the night.

The next day I enjoyed the most amazing big breakfast at our local eating place right on the water (been a while since I've had proper western food) was so good! We were all pretty keen to enjoy the beaches and relax for the whole day in the sunshine. I even had a little visitor during lunch while reading my book and decided to add his little bit of art work into some of the pages haha, I let him though because he was a little cutie! In the afternoon some of us girls went for a walk around to the other side of the island and enjoyed watching the sunset at happy hour with some cocktails. Was such a beautiful peaceful bay! We then met all of the others out for dinner and enjoyed another amazing meal... Eating eating and more eating, makes for a great holiday haha! I was even able to enjoy my favourite thai dish for dessert, sticky rice with mango!

On our last day we enjoyed our last breakfast and the most beautiful weather! I enjoyed finishing my book in the sunshine and a few last swims before heading back to the mainland... We also discovered the most amazing coconut "slushie" just before we left so might have to return some time in the future to get another one wink wink...

Was then time to return back home, the speed boat picked us up from the beach and took us back to Bangkok... Had the most enjoyable weekend and made plenty of great new memories, really am enjoying making great friendships over here! Now back to the see the Children tomorrow and into routine this week.

looking forward to updating you all about the activities I get up to with the beautiful children this week. Until then, enjoy the photos!

God bless Xx





























































2 comments:

  1. Looking as gorgeous as always! What a fun weekend! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fantastic mini break - a very well deserved break :) Love you x

    ReplyDelete